کھانے کی ترکیب
Mughlai Dal (Mughlai Pulse)
- Garbanzo beans (Chickpea Pulse or Dal Chana) - 1/8 kg
- Masoor Dal (pulse) - 1/8 kg
- Yogurt - 1/8 kg
- Moong Beans (Moong ki Dal) - 1/8 kg
- Red Chili - 1 teaspoonful
- Turmeric - half teaspoonful
- Coriander Powder - 1and a half teaspoonful
- Black Pepper (finally ground) - 10 in number
- Big Cardamom - 2 heads
- Black Zeera - half teaspoonful
- Tomatoes - 1/8 kg
- Salt to the taste
- Ginger - 3 teaspoonful
- Garlic Paste - 3 teaspoonful
- Onion - 2 bulbs
- Chopped Green Chili - 4 whole
- Boil each of the pulses (Dals), i.e. Moong, Chickpea and Masoor, in separate pots.
- When boiled, add chili, turmeric, coriander powder, tomatoes paste, green chili, yogurt, ginger & garlic paste, spices mixture (Garam Masala), and salt.
- Now pour some water, place the cooking pot on high flame, and keep on stirring it continuously.
- When it gets as thicker as Haleem, you need to lower the level or intensity of the flame.
- Fry onions till they become brown in appearance.
- Use the fried onions for tempering the food (Tarka Lagana).
- Take it out in a dish and make a garnish with green coriander.