Machli Kay Tikkay - Pakistani Recipes For Eid
Machli Kay Tikkay
- Fish - 1/2kg
- Red Chili Powder -1 teaspoonful
- Black Pepper Powder - half teaspoonful
- Cloves - 4 whole pieces (ground)
- Cinnamon (Dar Cheeni)- 2 sticks (ground)
- Chickpea (roasted)- half cup
- Gram Flour (Bason) - 3 tablespoonful
- Lemon Juice - 4 tablespoonful
- Green Chili - 4 whole pieces
- Green Coriander as per need
- Onion - 2 bulbs
- Egg - 1
- Balai (Milk Cream) - half cup
- Yogurt - one cup
- Salt - to the taste
- Ghee as needed
- Garlic Paste - 1 tablespoonful
- Wash the fish and cut into cubical pieces of 2 inch in size and
mildly prick it with skewer.
- Grind green chili, green coriander, and garlic, mix them with lemon
juice; smear this paste on to fish cubes and leave them for half an
- Cut onions, fry in oil until brown, take it out of pan and crumb
them with hand.
- Grind chickpeas, mix yogurt and egg and shake them well.
- Mix red chili powder, black pepper powder, cloves, cinnamon stick,
wheat flour, Balai, salt with yogurt except ghee.
- Add all the mixture to fish and leave them aside for 15 minutes.
- Thread the Fish Tikkas onto skewers (should be well spaced) and
cook them on slow heat.
- Drizzle oil on both sides of the fish while grilling. You can also
bake them in oven.
- Serve the dish with salad and chutney.